Situated near most relevant Government Departments, Institutions, Embassy's and the Criminal Record Centre of the South African Police Service.
Tel: 0027 126709010 or 012 670 9010
Home Affairs Documents
Vehicle Police Clearance
Apostille / Attestation and Notary Services
Document Attestation, Authentication and Legalisation
Head Office and Courier address.
57 Swarthout Street
• Vehicle De-
1. What does Expungement of a criminal record mean?
Expungement of a Criminal record means that the record of the criminal record is sealed and the details are not revealed in for example a “Police Clearance certificate”. For all practical purposes the offence can be handled as if it never happened. Legally you do not have to declare the offence unless asked.
2. Under which circumstances can a criminal record be expunged ?
• Ten (10) Years has lapsed after the date of the conviction for that offence.
• If The person has not been convicted of any other offence and sentenced to a period of imprisonment without the option of a fine during those 10 years.
• If the fine imposed did not exceed R 20,000
• Was not convicted of a sexual offence against a child or a person who is mentally disabled, and whose name is not included in the National Register for Sex Offenders.
• Was not found unsuitable to work with children by a criminal court and my name is not Included in the National Child Protection Register.
• Was convicted on the base of race
• He or she was convicted of a offence which would not be regarded as a offence in a open and democratic society based on human dignity equality and freedom under the democratic constitutional dispensation.
3. Process to Expunge a Criminal Record.
• Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate so that the offence details and date can be established.
• Download and complete client sheet.
• Download and complete appointment of GMTM Consultants.
•• Download and complete the client sheet
••Complete the relevant application for expungement of a criminal record.
•• Download the instructions.
• Follow instructions and courier application to us.
• If the Director -
• A certificate of expungement will be issued to the Criminal Record Centre of the South African Police Service.
• The Head of the Criminal Record Centre will inform the applicant in writing that his convictions and sentences has been expunged.
• Apply for a Police Clearance Certificate that will be issued without the convictions and sentences.
4 Documents Needed to Assist in applying for Expungement of Convictions and Sentences.
• Two sets of fingerprints ( First one to obtain a initial police Clearance Certificate to establish offences and the second to obtain a final Police Clearance Certificate on the end of the process)
• Application form for expungement
5. Processing Time -
• Initial police Clearance Certificate 8 weeks
• Department of Justice 20 weeks
• Criminal Record centre 6 Weeks
• Final Police Clearance 4 Weeks
6.1. Follow procedure to obtain police Clearance ( Obtain 2 sets of fingerprints) and apply for police Clearance.
6.2. Download and Complete Expungement Application ( Download Here)
6.3. Courier application with application for Police Clearance to us.
6.4. We will lodge application for police Clearance.
6.5. On receipt of police Clearance we will lodge application for at the Department of justice.
6.6. We will supply you with a proof of lodge and contact details.
6.7 You follow up with Department of justice.
6.8 On notification of Expungement we will apply for a final police clearance which will show your record cleared.
8 Cost and Fees to obtain a Criminal Record Expungement:
8.1. Obtaining original Police Clearance Certificate to confirm criminal record R 591
8.2. Criminal Record Expungement Fee R 890
8.3. Final Police Clearance to confirm Expungement R 591.
Either call us on (+27) 012 670 9010/20 or email us at email@example.com for the full information package.
Welcome to our website information on information on Expungement of a Criminal Record. If you do not find the information you need please feel free to contact or email us.
Regards Gawie Maritz
Owner and Managing Director