Vehicle Police Clearance
Criminal Record Check
Your official Document Retrieval, Authentication , Apostille and Attestation Specialist
09:00 to 15:00 Week days 012 0040894 or 012 0040963
Head Office and Courier address,
57 Swarthout Street
Home Affairs Certificates
Document Guru (Pty)Ltd
Formerly known as GMTM Consultants
When is a Vehicle Export or SARPCO Clearance Required.
When a vehicle is permanently exported from South Africa.
SARPCO Countries:Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi. Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe
Where must the Police Clearance be done?
There are designated Police Departments who does the Police Clearance. Your police Clearance must be done where your vehicle is registered for example:
|• Pretoria: if you live in Pretoria, Cullinan, Rayton and Bronkhorspruit areas.
• Centurion: If you live in the Centurion area. ( Midstream does not fall under Centurion)
• Langlaagte: if you live in Midrand and Johannesburg -
• Benoni: If you live in Edenvale, Kemptonpark, Alberton, Boksburg, Germiston, Benoni, Springs and Brakpan.
• Lenasia: If you you live in Randfontein, Krugersdorp, Lenasia and Soweto.
• Vereniging: if you live in Vereniging and Vandbijlpark
Why is it necessary to obtain a Police Clearance for a Intended Export.
• It wont be possible to register the vehicle in another country without the Export Clearance
• If it is known that a Permanent Export is intended the vehicle will not be allowed to cross the border without a valid police clearance.
VCASSA Vehicle Clearance and Administration Solutions SA is subcontracted to do All DGSA Vehicle Police Clearance Certificates and will bill clients direct.
Email VCASSA Direct at email@example.com or call us for information package with all forms, Terms and Conditions and Fees or visit their website at
Documents Needed Process Lead Time Fees When Required Knowledge Base
Process to obtain clearance .
• Scan and email all documents to us ( No faxes) -
• We will;
•• Prepare documents.
•• Obtain a Request for police Clearance ( RPC ) at the relevant licensing department.
•• Mark the vehicle for export and stop any further license fees and transactions.
• On the morning of the appointment we will collect the vehicle at about 6:30 and return it between 13:00 AND 16:00 with the clearance certificate.
• The Export Clearance will be delivered in most instances within 2 work days.
• On completion we can apply for a export clearance on your behalf
Documents needed for us to do a police Clearance for Permanent Export or SARPCO clearance of vehicle on your behalf. Scan all documents beforehand / Originals will be collected with vehicle.
1. All vehicles in private individuals or business names.
• Client Sheet.
• Original Registration Certificate / Log Book / RC1
• Data Dot Certificate.
• Vehicle must have a valid license.
• If the vehicle is not registered into the applicant for police Clearance name, a original proof of purchase must be supplied. NB!! It is easier and we prefer to do the export in the present owners name if the purchaser has not registered the vehicle in his/her name.
2. Appointment of VCASSA Vehicle Clearance and Administration Solutions SA to obtain Police Clearance.
2.1. Private individuals : Download, complete and sign.
2.2. Businesses : Download, Copy and paste on a letterhead and Sign.
3. Sworn Avadavat to be handed in at SAPS authorising us.
3.1. Avadavat specifically for Pretoria/ Tswane: Affidavits must be done at the SAPS. Very important download and complete as per example at SAPS. The avadavat must be handwritten and not typed.
3.1.1. Example for a individual.
3.1.2 Example for a business.
3.1.3. Required format and form to use.
3.2. Avadavat for all other areas expect Tswane / Pretoria
220.127.116.11 Individual: If he owner of the vehicle is a private individual in all centres Exept Tswane. ( Download, Complete and scan back to us)
18.104.22.168 Business: If he owner of the vehicle is a business in all centres Except Tswane. ( Download. Complete and scan back to us)
4. Owners Identification :
4.1. If done for Pretoria copies must certified at SAPS.
4.2. If owner is a Private individual:
• Copy of South African with a ID book or card. ( very clear copy with no stamps or blemishes we will certify except Pretoria to be certified at SAPS)
• If a Non-
4.3. If the owner is a Business Entity:
• BRN Certificate (Very clear copy without stamps or blemishes)(This is the certificate issued by the Licensing Department to Businesses/trusts etc to register vehicles in their name.)
• Proxy ID (Very clear copy we will certify -
• If a Non-
• If the proxy and the person signing the avadavat is two different people also supply copy of that persons ID
5. Proof of address not older than 3 months.
5.1. Accepted documents for proof of address.
• Utility Bill.
• Recurring bills like cell phone accounts.
• Tel com accounts
• Credit card accounts
5.2. Documents not accepted.
• Once off accounts like doters accounts.
• License renewal notices.
• 2 to 3 work days