Vehicle Police Clearance
Criminal Record Check
Your official Document Retrieval, Authentication , Apostille and Attestation Specialist
09:00 to 15:00 Week days 012 0040894 or 012 0040963
Head Office and Courier address,
57 Swarthout Street
Home Affairs Certificates
Document Guru (Pty)Ltd
Formerly known as GMTM Consultants
Documents needed for VCASSA to do a Vehicle Police Clearance on your behalf. Scan all documents beforehand / Originals will be collected with vehicle.
1. All vehicles in private individuals or business names.
• Client Sheet.
• Original Registration Certificate / Log Book / RC1
• Data Dot Certificate.
• Vehicle must have a valid license.
• If the vehicle is not registered into the applicant for police Clearance name, a original proof of purchase must be supplied.
1.1. Additional Documents and Information Required for;
1.1.1. Stolen Recovered:
• Contact the case officer to remove the admin mark so that the S mark can be removed with a Police Clearance.
1.1.2. Engine Change:
• Original receipt for new engine showing the engine number.
2. Appointment of VCASSA Vehicle Clearance and Administration Solutions SA.
2.1. Private individuals : Download, complete and sign.
2.2. Businesses : Download, Copy and paste on a letterhead and Sign.
3. Sworn Avadavat to be handed in at SAPS authorising us.
3.1. Avadavat specifically for Pretoria/ Tswane: Affidavits must be done at the SAPS. Very important download and complete as per example at SAPS. The avadavat must be handwritten and not typed.
3.1.1. Example for a individual.
3.1.2 Example for a business.
3.1.3. Required format and form to use.
3.2. Avadavat for all other areas expect Tswane / Pretoria
188.8.131.52 Individual: If he owner of the vehicle is a private individual in all centres Exept Tswane. ( Download, Complete and scan back to us)
184.108.40.206 Business: If he owner of the vehicle is a business in all centres Except Tswane. ( Download. Complete and scan back to us)
4. Owners Identification :
4.1. If done for Pretoria copies must certified at SAPS.
4.2. If owner is a Private individual:
• Copy of South African with a ID book or card. ( very clear copy with no stamps or blemishes we will certify except Pretoria to be certified at SAPS)
• If a Non-
4.3. If the owner is a Business Entity:
• BRN Certificate (Very clear copy without stamps or blemishes)(This is the certificate issued by the Licensing Department to Businesses/trusts etc to register vehicles in their name.)
• Proxy ID (Very clear copy we will certify -
• If a Non-
• If the proxy and the person signing the avadavat is two different people also supply copy of that persons ID
5. Proof of address not older than 3 months.
5.1. Accepted documents for proof of address.
• Utility Bill.
• Recurring bills like cell phone accounts.
• Tel com accounts
• Credit card accounts
5.2. Documents not accepted.
• Once off accounts like doters accounts.
• License renewal notices.
When a police Clearance on above is needed for the under mentioned reasons you will need a data Dot .
• Sometimes with change of ownership
• Change of colour.
• Engine Change.
• Stolen and recovered vehicle.
• Rectifying difference in Engine and chassis numbers.
• If no documentation is received from the previous owner of the vehicle.
• VIN updated.
• Sarpco Clearance.
• Export Clearance
• Not Stolen Clearance for Cross Border Visits.
The RPC Procedure is designed to ensure that vehicle information captured on the National Traffic Information System (e-
• Accurate information.
• Proving liability for outstanding fines and fees.
• Recovery of stolen vehicles.
• vehicle cannot be chopped and parts resold.
• Identification of vehicle where numbers are tampered with.
1. What will happen if I do not obtain a Police Clearance after a stolen vehicle has been recovered ?
• No vehicle transactions like license renewal, Road Worthy Certificate and/or change of ownership can be done.
• There is a risk that you or the driver can be stopped at a road block and you will have to prove that you have not stolen the vehicle.
• Law enforcement officers can give chase if they spot the vehicle on the road.
2.There are 3 instances when a vehicle can and must be introduced on the E-
• De registered by Default. There are two types of de-
• Vehicle written off.
Where must the Police Clearance be done?
There are designated Police Departments who does the Police Clearance. Your police Clearance must be done where your vehicle is registered for example:
|• Pretoria: if you live in Pretoria, Cullinan, Rayton and Bronkhorspruit areas.
• Centurion: If you live in the Centurion area. ( Midstream does not fall under Centurion)
• Langlaagte: if you live in Midrand and Johannesburg -
• Benoni: If you live in Edenvale, Kemptonpark, Alberton, Boksburg, Germiston, Benoni, Springs and Brakpan.
• Lenasia: If you you live in Randfontein, Krugersdorp, Lenasia and Soweto.
• Vereniging: if you live in Vereniging and Vandbijlpark
When is a Vehicle Police Clearance Required
• Stolen and Recovered Vehicles a must be presented to the SAPS to obtain a Police Clearance and remove the stolen notification on all the relevant Data Base.
• When a engine is changed the vehicle must be presented to the SAPS to obtain a Police Clearance to update the new engine number on all the relevant Data Base.
. • When there is a clash or duplication of VIN Numbers and Engine Numbers.
• When a vehicle was scrapped and has to be re introduced.
• This can be a time consuming process
Legislation made it compulsory from September 2012 for all vehicles to be fitted with Dta Dots. Vehicle police Clearance certificates will not be done if Data Dot is not present.
Thus either a certificate must be presented or Data Dot must be done.All vehicles manufactured from September 2012, in South Africa, will be Data Dotted at the factory.
What is Data Dot? A unique number is sprayed on the vehicle at strategic places. A typical application represents about 5000 tags. This is virtually impossible to remove. This number is registered against the vehicle details on a central register.
Who does Data Dot? There are a few suppliers but your first port of call should be Road Worthy Centres.
We can arrange Data Dot on behalf of clients.
Vehicles are defined as:cars,caravans, motorbikes, trailers, quads, tractors, trucks, mining equipment and construction equipment.
VCASSA Vehicle Clearance and Administration Solutions SA is subcontracted to do All DGSA Vehicle Police Clearance Certificates and will bill clients direct.
Email VCASSA Direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for information package with all forms, Terms and Conditions and Fees or visit their website at
Documents Needed Process Lead Time Fees When Required Knowledge Base
Process to obtain clearance .
• Scan and email all documents to email@example.com -
• We will;
•• Prepare documents.
•• Obtain a Request for police Clearance ( RPC ) at the relevant licensing department.
•• Mark the vehicle for export and stop any further license fees and transactions.
• On the morning of the appointment we will collect the vehicle at about 6:30 and return it between 13:00 AND 16:00 with the clearance certificate.
• The Export Clearance will be delivered in most instances within 2 work days.
• On completion we can apply for a export clearance on your behalf.
• 2 to 3 work days