South African Birth Certificates are issued by the Department of Home Affairs. There are Four Types of Birth Certificates.
- Abridged Birth Certificate. This certificate is available over the counter and is computer printed with just the person’s details. As this is a direct extract from the computerized Population Register it is extremely difficult to rectify mistakes on this certificate. This certificate is usually issued without a signature. If there is a need to Apostille or Authenticate this certificate it must be signed by an official whose signature is registered at DIRCO.
- Unabridged Birth Certificate. This certificate is also computer printed and the most popular as it also displays the parents’ details as well as their places of birth. As these certificates can usually be Apostilled and Authenticated, they are used for travel purposes of minors as well as immigration. Unfortunately obtaining this certificate can take months.
- Full Birth Certificate. This is the same as an Unabridged Certificate but handwritten. This certificate is usually issued to children of foreigners who are born in SA. They are usually issued without ID numbers. These certificates can also be Apostilled and Authenticated but are virtually impossible to replace.
- Vault Copy Birth Certificate. This certificate is a certified copy of the documents used to register birth. These certificates are used for ancestral visas. The lead time to obtain them can be longer than a year.
Documents needed to apply for a Birth Certificate through us.
- Client sheet with your contact details
- Authorization for GMTM to obtain the Birth Certificate on your behalf.
- Certified copy of your ID not older than 3 months.
- Application Form
- We can assist in expediting the issue of a Birth Certificate.
Process To Obtain a Birth Certificate Through Us.
- Email an enquiry to us
- We will send a cost estimate with requirements and instructions.
- You courier the required documents to us.
- We will send an invoice with the required deposit.
- Documents will be processed.
- On completion, documents will be scanned to you for courier authorization.
- Documents will be couriered as per Instruction.
Estimated Lead Times.
Lead times are estimates and are determined by the relevant Government Departments.
We can assist with expedited lead times.
At this stage, there is a huge backlog, and we only take in 5 applications per week.
We will confirm lead times on a weekly basis.
Cost and Fees
Email or call us.
Tell: (012) 6709020
The Do-It-Yourself Route.
- You apply direct to any Home Affairs Office.
- We can assist with expediting the application